Friday 11 December 2015

Nicki Minaj For Billboard Magazine 'End of Year' Cover. Talks Meek Mill, Hillary Clinton & Donald Trump

nicki-minaj-bb38-2015-billboard-620

In a year bookended by blockbusters from Taylor Swift and Adele, Nicki Minaj set her own standard for success, ticking off triumphs even as she fearlessly spoke her mind and openly challenged other superstars.

Excepts below;

On Meek Mill 

I don’t know what’s going to happen with he and I. I just know right now we are really, really enjoying each other’s company. So, shout out to everybody in the world that’s just trying to find love or be happy. Everybody should have someone to hold at night. It really, really changes your energy. I find that my energy is very different afterward -- if I’m in the bed with him, just hugging him all day. It’s just, like, something about love. You transfer it. It’s infectious.


On Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton

There are points he (Donald Trump) has made that may not have been so horrible if his approach wasn’t so childish. But in terms of entertainment -- I think he’s hilarious. I wish they could just film him running for president. That’s the ultimate reality show.

I support her (Hillary Clinton) as a woman. Am I convinced that she should be the next president? I still want to be open-minded about everyone. Obviously, I identify with her struggles as a woman. I identify with the fact that when she’s in that room and there are nothing but men there -- there’s sometimes something in her that must feel intimidated. But I think that she uses that and turns it into a strength. Because that’s what I’ve always done. And so I love her for sticking it out. She has gone through horrifying things, even within her marriage. She has been brave and weathered the storm. And continued being a boss. That’s something that every woman should feel inspired by, no matter if you’re voting for her or not.


Read interview on Billboard Magazine

No comments: