Tuesday 13 October 2015

Empire Diva, Taraji P. Henson is 'FIRE BURNING' for Essence Magazine's November Issue

taraji-p-henson-essence-thatgrapejuice

Cookie Ly.... Sorry Taraji P. Henson never fails to leave us on the edge of our seats on every episode of Empire I have seen so far (I believe I speak of a lot of people).
Heating up the cover of Essence Magazine's November issue, Taraji speaks on her craft, and how hard she keeps working.

Excerpts below;


On Her Empire Character And Acting
“Even though people are just now finding me as Cookie, thank God for Netflix because people are so moved by my performance they’re like, ‘Where has she been?’ I’ve always said I want to do the type of work that people study…
I’m just gonna keep amassing an audience. Everything was strategically planned. This is what all my efforts are for.”

On Reality Stars Transitioning To Acting
“These kids are thinking they can do reality TV and come and do this craft that I studied, sweated and grinded. People forget it’s a craft because it’s so pop now…Can they make me believe the words coming out of their mouth?”