Tuesday 13 October 2015

RACISM!!! Rihanna Spills on How Blacks Are Treated In The Entertainment Industry

itoodo.com

In a recent interview with the New York Times while promoting her 'ANTI' album, Rihanna speaks on her race-related experiences within the supposedly post-racial entertainment industry.
"Everyone’s cool with a young black woman singing, dancing, partying and looking hot, but that when it comes time to negotiate, to broker a deal, she is suddenly made aware of her blackness. ‘And, you know, that never ends, by the way. It’s still a thing. And it’s the thing that makes me want to prove people wrong. It almost excites me;

I know what they’re expecting and I can’t wait to show them that I’m here to exceed those expectations. But,

I have to bear in mind that those people are judging you because you’re packaged a certain way — they’ve been programmed to think a black man in a hoodie means grab your purse a little tighter. For me, it comes down to smaller issues, scenarios in which people can assume something of me without knowing me, just by my packaging."